The Victorian Weightlifting Association is pleased to announce to its members the availability of a limited number of 50% discounts for coaching courses in 2019.
The subsidies are available for the Level 1 (AWF Club Weightlifting/Sports Power Coach Level 1) and the Level 2 (AWF State Weightlifting/Sports Power Coach Level 2) courses offered by the Australian Weightlifting Federation.
Submissions are exclusively to be made by clubs affiliated with the VWA, on behalf of applicant(s) for the subsidy. Submissions are to consist of two (2) pages maximum and should be answerable to the below criteria:
· Past involvement of the applicant in weightlifting and in coaching
· Any relevant education and training of the applicant
· Intended involvement of the applicant in coaching weightlifting (short and long term basis)
· Number of existing members at the club (with and without VWA membership)
· Number of existing coaches at the club (with and without coaching accreditation)
· Current coach to competitor ratio of the affiliated club
To be considered for a course subsidy we ask that clubs submit their written applications responding to the above criteria and addressed to the VWA Board via email to email@example.com no later than Monday 4 March 2019.