On this page you will find all available COVID-19 resources to assist members and affiliate clubs gradually return to training and eventually to competitive weightlifting. We encourage you to check back to this page regularly for updates to restrictions as they occur.
(Page updated 18 December 2020).
As of 11:59pm 6 December COVIDSafe Summer restrictions apply across Victoria. Restrictions applicable to exercise and sport can be summarised below:
- Gyms, training facilities and indoor sports venues may open with restrictions.
- Indoor community sport is now permitted for adults and children with maximum participation of 50 subject to density quotient limits.
- Participants must be able to maintain physical distance of 1.5m.
- A density quotient of 1 person per 4m square applies (divide the indoor space in square metres by 4) when staffed and 1 person per 8m square when unstaffed.
- The number of people allowed in a venue or space is defined by the size of the space (see above density quotients).
- 50 person limit per class or exercise group (total) at any one time if the space allows that many people.
- Face masks must be carried at all times and worn indoors if a physical distance of 1.5m cannot be maintained.
- COVID Safe Marshall/Officer must be on-site at all times.
- Shared equipment used must be cleaned between users.
Note: all clubs and businesses must have an updated COVID Safe Plan and appoint a COVID Safety Marshall(s) to ensure compliance with this plan. The VWA's COVID Safe Plan can be downloaded here
and adopted by our Affiliate Clubs and members.
Clubs hosting sanctioned weightlifting competitions must adhere to the VWA's Return to Play Plan which can be downloaded here
If you would like advice on customising your plan or wish to submit your plan to the VWA for assessment then please do not hesitate to contact our Operations Manager, Ryan Mitchell, via email email@example.com and we would be happy to discuss how your club can re-open safely and comply with existing restrictions.
Click this link
for a complete summary of COVIDSafe Summer sport and exercise restrictions in Victoria
For a complete guide to COVIDSafe Summer restrictions in Victoria go here
Every effort will be made to assist clubs wishing to host the remaining events on our calendar within the restrictions that are in place.
Download the VWA Return to Play Plan here. Download the Competition Attendance Register here. Download the VWA COVID Safe Plan here. Download the Training Attendance Register here.
Download the COVID Safe posters below (click on each):
More signs and posters for your workplace can be found here